A celebration in honor of Harley’s friend Callie and her special day as part of Hickory Knolls Discovery Center’s 10th Anniversary
Bring your family out for a special day in nature!
July 31 • 1-4pm
All Ages Welcome
- 1st 200 guests receive a cupcake!
- Participate in self-guided tours: Harley the Hawk‘s adventure storybook hike & LEED-certified building components.
- Listen to a charasmatic reading of the Harley the Hawk adverture story. 2:30pm outside by the Storytime sculpture.
- Experience the Hickory Hideout Nature Play Area
- Visit with K.A.R.E. (Kane Area Rehabilitation & Education for Wildlife) and meet a live red-tailed hawk, a Harley look-a-like.
- Beth Nutter of Nutter’s Butters will share her experiences rearing monarch butterflies and teach you about pollinator ecology.
- Take a bird walk with representatives from Kane County Audubon and learn tips about local bird identification. 2 & 3pm
- Meet and greet with Hickory Knoll’s animal ambassadors.
- Enjoy interactive activities for all ages & more!
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
This is a rain or shine event.