Pre-Question: List the different types of waves you know about.
Watch: Waves Video
1) Describe how wavelength and amplitude can impact what we hear.
2) Explain how a rainbow represents differing wavelengths.
1) Tsunami waves can cause a great deal of destructions. Research how a tsunami is created and come up with your own experiment to show its impact.
2) Resonance is a term describing oscillation or wave movement. The Tacoma Washington Bridge was destroyed in 1940 when wind created just the right resonating frequency which caused the bridge to move violently. Scientists have since discovered that flutter played a key role in the demise of the bridge. Explore what happened to this bridge: click here
3) Thunder is caused by lightening. Explain how thunder is a sound wave.
4) Sonic booms can be heard when fighter jets fly at supersonic speeds. Discuss whether sonic booms are sound waves or their own phenomenon.